Mastering Grant Proposal Writing: Increasing Locally-Grounded and Southern-Led Research
Friday, July 7, 2023, | 9AM EST | 2PM WAT | 4PM EAT
More needs to be done to expand the engagement of researchers from low and middle-income countries in development research. IPA is committed to empowering the next generation of researchers who lead the innovation agenda and drive sustainable development in Africa. This proposal writing webinar provided early career researchers with the guidance and insights needed to write strong research proposals which is the first step towards securing funding.
In this interactive event, individuals from academia, funding organizations, and research and policy institutions shared practical advice on selecting the most suitable calls for research projects, structuring strong grant proposals, and recognizing common mistakes to avoid. Participants also had the opportunity to gain valuable insights from an experienced African researcher who has successfully secured funding from multiple donors.
- Clare Hofmeyr, Education and Training Manager, J-PAL Africa
- Nkechi Owoo, Associate Professor of Economics, University of Ghana
- Eitan Paul, Research Manager, J-PAL Global
- Rachel Steinacher, Director, Business Development, IPA
- Subomi Obadeyi, Associate Research and Project Development Manager, IPA Nigeria (moderator)