IPA Peru has been leading field-based randomized evaluations since 2003. Our work in Peru is defined by strong engagement with key decision-makers and foundational research in: education, gender-based violence, social protection, financial inclusion, and health.
IPA Peru seeks a Research Analyst (RAn) to support an RCT in Peru for a period of 4 months. The RA will provide technical support to an early child development project. The RA will work closely with a Senior Research Associate, Research Associate, Country Director, and staff from the implementing partner, to oversee the implementation of the research study. This position offers an excellent opportunity to learn how to design and program data collection instruments using different software, monitor fieldwork, participate in research design, clean and analyze data, and prepare presentations for different audiences. We are looking for people with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who are capable of working individually and as a part of a team, and who can adapt to different environments and contexts, as well as a continuous willingness to learn.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support in the design and programming of collection instruments
- Monitor the implementation of fieldwork and support the data collections
- Support literature review and other tasks relevant to research projects
- Participate in the research design processes in their different stages Work on tools to guarantee the quality of the data in the collections
- Work with the researchers, the IPA staff, and other partners that are part of the projects to analyze the data collected and interpret the results
- Support the development of reports and presentations about study designs and research results for different audiences in English and Spanish
- Support in other tasks related to the assigned project
- Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines
- Strong quantitative skills and knowledge of Stata.
- Programming, and other technical knowledge are a strong plus
- Familiarity with the fundamental concepts of impact evaluation
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and basic knowledge of English
- Confidence in communicating with different audiences such as peers, teachers, and supervisors
- Excellent time management and organization skills; attention to detail; ability to work independently
- Ability in context and data analysis
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of statistics and econometrics
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks efficiently and independently
- At least six months of work experience, preferably related to research projects.
- Experience gained before graduation is accepted
- Knowledge of experimental methods of impact evaluations (Randomized Control Trials)
- Have taken courses on impact evaluation or social programs associated with economic development
- Knowledge of qualitative research methodologies
- Be part of volunteer programs or initiatives focused on action against poverty
- Experience conducting research (final course projects or as a research assistant) and conducting data analysis
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
IPA's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Senior Research Associate
Deadline to apply
Desired start date