Since IPA Colombia’s founding in 2014, we have completed 40+ projects, with 10+ ongoing projects, evaluating the impact of policies, programs, and products across a variety of topics such as ECD, government cash transfers, migration, financial inclusion, peace and recovery, among others in both the public and private sectors.
Policy Manager profile
Innovations for Poverty Action in Colombia seeks Policy Associate (PA)/Senior Policy Associate (SPA) to support IPA Colombia’s policy and partnerships team. The PA will support IPA’s engagement with policy partners and key stakeholders in Colombia in a variety of sectors to effectively disseminate and communicate research results. The Policy Associate will support engagements with local and international strategic stakeholders to share existing evidence in programs and policies and develop new related research projects in Colombia. This position will grow IPA’s policy outreach and research in Colombia, identifying, creating, and implementing evidence-to-impact initiatives with our partners.
- Support Policy Manager(s) in developing new projects, partnerships and initiatives in Colombia, establishing, expanding and managing relationships with the government, researchers, implementing partners and funders, and developing and identifying new windows for the development of research projects.
- Support Policy Manager(s) in research and learning proposals including technical proposals, budgets, evidence reviews and data, administrative documents, among others.
- Keep track of potential research and learning opportunities in collaboration with Policy and Research Manager(s).
- Support research teams in developing and implementing policy and communications plans for research and learning projects.
- Support Policy Manager(s) in the development and implementation of the communications strategies for key research and learning projects
- Support the development and implementation of IPA’s Colombia strategic plan.
- Identify and keep track of funds for the development of impact evaluation projects, innovation labs, monitoring and evaluation, or other projects in Colombia in the field.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree economics, development, international relations, public administration, public policy or a closely related field
- At least 2 years of work experience after obtaining the first undergraduate degree, preferably related to policy and research projects.
- Ability to understand academic research studies and analyze bodies of research.
- Experience in drawing policy lessons from these and communicating them to various audiences.
- Familiarity with impact evaluations and specifically with randomized experiments.
- Ability to manage relationships with partners and counterparts.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and lead teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Capacity to plan and be organized, have attention to detail and ability to work in a team and individually.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish including the ability to communicate effectively and assertively.
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.