IPA Peru has been leading field-based randomized evaluations since 2003. Our work in Peru is defined by strong engagement with key decision-makers and foundational research in: education, gender-based violence, social protection, financial inclusion, and health.
IPA Peru seeks a Research Associate (RA) to lead and manage an RCT in Peru for a period of 6 months. The RA will provide technical support to an early child development project. The RA will lead the fieldwork and data collection in urban and peri-urban areas of the country (to be defined).The RA will work closely with a Senior Research Associate, Country Director, and staff from the implementing partner, to oversee the implementation of the research study. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research, as well as the opportunity to work in close collaboration with high-level policy partners. Key areas of involvement will include coordinating and collaborating with implementing partners, training and managing survey teams, supervising logistics for the field activities, cleaning and analyzing survey data and assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos.
- Project preparation and planning, including piloting and scoping work or secondary research to help finalize the research design and protocols
- Profficient team manage, including a Research Analyst and the fieldwork team
- Manage relationships with staff at the partner organization, including regular follow-ups and meetings
- Ensuring all data quality protocols are followed including auditing staff and performing regular data checks on collected data
- Manage all data security aspects of the project, including protection of PI from un-authorized access and use
- Design forms for electronic data collection (using Survey CTO) and manage survey data
- Ensure all aspects of data quality by overseeing the implementation of data quality protocols including daily quality checks and data security and sharing.
- Take a lead on data cleaning, preliminary analysis (as directed by the PI and ARM) as well as other data processes on the project
- Writing regular progress reports and leading project meetings to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage project staff hiring; prepare project staff hiring adverts, work with the HR department on screening and assist in conducting project interviews
- Maintain regular communication with the Principal Investigators, keeping them updated on the progress. And will also maintain and constantly update the project log and other documentations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of statistical software such as Stata or R, and experience with data management and data cleaning
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience is required (development and/or environmental economics strongly preferred).
- Excellent management and organizational skills; ability to successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines required
- Communication Skills: strong oral and written communication skills in the English language required
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.