Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a global research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. As its core business, IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. IPA has conducted hundreds of randomized evaluations across sectors, learning both whether programs work, and how they can work better.
The Financial Inclusion Program (FIP) at IPA partners with financial institutions, governments, and researchers to design and test financial products and services that help households better manage and grow their finances. Our ideas and tools apply insights from economics and other behavioral social sciences. With over 125 completed and ongoing randomized evaluations in 29 countries, the FIP identifies effective solutions to promote healthy financial behavior and shares results with financial service providers and policymakers. Our portfolio currently includes research projects and major initiatives related to financial consumer protection in emerging markets; digitization of cash transfers for COVID-19 relief; digital finance and interoperable payments; women’s economic empowerment; behavioral economics; and financial health.
IPA’s Financial Inclusion Program is seeking a Program Associate to contribute to FIP’s new and ongoing research projects. This includes, but is not limited to, new project development, grants management, financial tracking and reporting, procurement, coordination with IPA country office programs and other teams within IPA, and providing general support for FIP leadership and academic research partners.
- Support FIP and IPA country programs on new project development by identifying partnerships and funding opportunities relevant to IPA’s financial inclusion research agenda
- Analyzes funding announcements and opportunities, gathers resource materials, coordinates with the IPA Business Development and other teams, and develops schedules for meeting deadlines
- Contributes to grant proposals, memoranda of understanding, job descriptions, budget justifications, correspondence, policies and procedures, and other documents. Drafts program budgets for funding proposals and maintains supporting documents
- Work with the IPA Grants team and IPA Country Programs to provide oversight to FIP-funded projects including regular review of project updates and budgets, collecting project deliverables, etc.
- Work with IPA Finance team and FIP leadership to analyze monthly financial reports
- Supporting the FIP Director on annual reporting to donors, including preparing report narratives and supporting documentation
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 2-3 years of work experience in a global nonprofit organization; experience in international development or research management preferred
- Strong computer skills including high level comfort with Microsoft Office and web-based communications
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker with an interest in program operations, grant compliance, financial management, and budgeting
- Demonstrated project management skills, including budgeting, attention to operational and research detail, and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a geographically dispersed and culturally diverse team
- Must be willing to accommodate meetings outside of regular, local business hours occasionally, with notice, to accommodate colleagues in other time zones
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and manage competing priorities
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.