Please Note: Due to COVID-19 IPA Student Volunteerships will be remote until further notice.
IPA Bangladesh is looking for a student volunteer to work on a nationwide phone survey project to understand how COVID19 spreads and how people respond to minimize health and economic risk. The project is headed by Professor Mushfiq Mobarak of Yale University. IPA Bangladesh will call more than 8000 households and survey them 4 times in two months. A subsample of the households will be randomly assigned to some social messaging treatments to understand the efficacy of behavioral change communication strategies.
The Student Volunteer will support the research team cleaning the data, preparing the survey instruments in future rounds, analyzing the data and writing policy briefs.
Specific task list:
- Managing day-to-day relations with project’s key stakeholders and ensuring relevant and timely
- Assisting in survey design
- Cleaning and analyzing data, and
- Performing additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
The Research Coordinator and the post-doctoral PI will work with the selected candidate to structure the volunteership according to the candidate’s areas of interest and the project’s goals
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, social sciences, or related field.
- Familiarity with impact evaluations and randomized control trials.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience working in a developing country.
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Bangladesh– Nationwide Phone Survey Student Volunteer
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.