Please Note: IPA Volunteerships are unpaid.
Conservation Agriculture Evaluation (CAgE)
Conservation Agriculture has proved to be an effective and sustainable mean to improve crop yields. Yet at present, there remain important questions, both within and outside Ghana, about how to encourage CA adoption.
The CAgE project aims at evaluating whether providing incentives increase the learning about and adoption of conservation agriculture techniques and how does that impact vary across different population strata.
The project will launch the baseline survey in August 2018. The Student Volunteer will assist the team with the following activities:
- Assist in survey designing and programming;
- Assist in developing material for training of enumerators;
- Assist in monitoring on-the-field survey activities;
- Support in programming data quality check scripts in Stata, and more generally assist in implementing IPA Ghana data quality check protocols;
- Data management and cleaning;
- Any other task that the supervisor might assign.
- Currently graduate student or recently completed graduate degree in Economics, Development Studies, Environmental Policy, or related;
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Fluent Stata programming (level will be tested);
- Proficient verbal and written English;
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of SurveyCTO;
- Familiarity with Randomized Control Trials;
- Experience working or living in developing countries.
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Ghana – Student Volunteer - Conservation Agriculture Evaluation
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.