Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is seeking an energetic self-starter for their growing Finance department. The Accounts Payable Specialist will support all aspects of Accounts Payable responsibilities of IPA globally, receiving and processing payment requests from staff both in the U.S. and internationally, as well as from suppliers both through the mail and electronically via email. This position requires the ability to work independently and effectively under tight deadlines, attention to detail, consistently display accurate and high-quality work, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively liaise across levels and departments in the organization and with key partners. The role will report to the Accounting and Finance Manager.
- Ensure that all invoices and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review onboarding documents for consultants and set up vendor record in accounting system for payments of services and expense reimbursements.
- Request, review and verify documentation to ensure all payments are in accordance with IPA’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to research, investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies associated with processing invoices.
- Review expense reimbursements for employees and ensure they are appropriately supported, coded and approved in line with IPA’s approval matrix; Coordinate with payroll function for payment, and record in the accounting system.
- Prepare and process payments via check runs or electronic payments via ACH, wire or purchase of foreign currency. Provide appropriate support to enable payment authorization.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are processed within vendor terms.
- Prepare and maintain vendor files including banking information, tax identification and 1099 status and process 1099s annually.
- Correspond with vendors, employees and consultants to request additional data or responding to their inquiries.
- Support payroll processing as required.
- Provide various analyses, reconciliations, and schedules for the year-end financial audit and single federal audit and Form 990.
- Support month end processes as required
- Support initiatives led by Accounting and Finance Manager and Controller
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and queries on a variety of tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. International and Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting with a strong knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures.
- Excellent computer proficiency particularly in Microsoft Excel and data entry.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing high quality deliverables.
- Experience in accounting software. NetSuite is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively liaise across levels and departments in the organization and with key partners. Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.